Lighthouse Behavioral Health Hospital is an acute care psychiatric hospital serving the needs of children and adults. We are located less than 20 minutes from the beautiful beaches, boardwalk and entertainment of Myrtle Beach.
This position reports directly to the COO. The individual manages the hospital admissions through the intake process and by developing, implementing and maintaining revenue generating strategies, determining and implementing admissions' best practices, promoting the hospital and maintaining a satisfied patient referral base. Leadership criteria and performance include: Strategic Planning and Goal Setting, Fiscal Management, Staff Management, Performance Management, Teamwork, Communication, Regulatory Compliance and Program Development.
1. Manage and supervise the admission, inquiry and utilization staff and programs.
2. Capable of being back-up for all positions supervised.
3. Handle inquiry calls from hospitals, families, etc., and provide admission information and criteria.
4. Maintain updated census and facility services information.
5. Compile and distribute admission papers and census.
6. Ensure all papers are filled out completely and accurately entered into the system.
7. Maintain a working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
8. Help expedite admission process for emergencies.
9. Build and maintain relationships with hospital accounts and referral sources.
10. Maintain a working knowledge of state, federal and insurance regulations governing reimbursement.
11. Report all inquiries, admissions and discharges.
12. Work with the CNO, DCS and nursing staff to maintain knowledge of bed availability.
13. Maintain relationships with mental health and social services professionals, senior organizations, assisted living and senior housing, appropriate special interest groups, churches, emergency rooms, and other community contacts.
14. Participate in Flash and other meetings to alert staff members of projected admissions, room changes, transfers and discharges.
15. Communicate special needs of new admissions to ensure smooth transition.
16. Manage duties, accept calls, review facility needs with Nursing Supervisors as Administrator on Call when assigned.
17. Maintain schedule to accommodate regular business hours and additional hours needed to accommodate fluctuating workloads.
18. Complete annual education requirements.
19. Adheres to all company policy and procedures.
20. Represents the company in a positive and professional manner.
21. Completes monthly audits of all clinical documentation for admissions and clinical services department.
22. Compiles monthly audit results for admissions and provides and presents data in monthly meetings and for MOR reports..