One of the nation's largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America's Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
SummitRidge Hospital provides quality behavioral health and addiction treatment services in Lawrenceville, GA, approximately 30 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta. Our dedicated team of professionals provide caring and professional inpatient, outpatient and support services to adults and adolescents suffering from psychiatric or addictive disorders. Additionally, the Geriatric unit provides acute care for seniors in psychiatric crisis. Due to continued growth, we are seeking an experienced Director of Business Development to join our talented team. Purpose: Oversee and implement business development plans for our inpatient and outpatient programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Utilizing input from SummitRidge staff; assists in developing referral development strategies to support the goals of SummitRidge programs.
2. Coordinates assigned referral development activities as indicated by the business development plan.
3. Develops strong working relationships with key customers, including physicians, social workers, case managers, insurance providers, mental health center staff, school system, and nursing home representatives.
4. Assesses the needs of key customers and coordinates appropriate response(s) to these needs with the goal of exceeding the expectations of key customers.
5. Educates potential referral sources as well as clients, families, and the community at large about psychiatric programs available throughout the hospital via one-on-one meetings, tours, inservices, etc.