Help move health care into the future. At Banner Health we are changing health care to make the experience the best it can be. If that sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
As a Transitional Care Coordinator, you will coordinate the patient's transition from an acute care facility to the post-acute setting or to the patient's home with community or other resources, based on the recommendations provided by the inpatient Care Today team. You will perform follow-up tasks identified in the inpatient discharge care plan for management of Banner patients across the health-care continuum. Additional responsibilities include the transfer of accurate, pertinent patient information between all appropriate entities of the post-acute care continuum. Your role is an essential component to the success of the Care Coordination Care Tomorrow team.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 10am-6:30pm
Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position supports the smooth, timely, and coordinated client transition from acute care to alternative levels of care including but not limited to post-acute settings, community services, or home with post-acute service support, as directed by the care coordination team. This position performs follow-up tasks and coordinates the logistics for a patient's discharge services identified in the inpatient discharge care plan for management of Banner patients across the healthcare continuum.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Works to coordinate the patient's transition into or out of a care setting and obtains appropriate services and benefits as directed by the care coordination team. This may include faxing information, entering referrals or tasking other departments or consultants, arranging authorization and transportation, arranging durable medical equipment (DME), coordinating home health care, confirming arrangements, making physician or outpatient appointments, obtaining test results, and other patient related duties as designated.
2. Coordinates and manages the logistics of discharge planning for individual patients and works to coordinate the patient's transition into or out of a care setting and obtains appropriate services and benefits as directed by the care coordination team. This may include faxing information, entering referrals or tasking other departments or consultants, arranging authorization and transportation, arranging durable medical equipment (DME), coordinating home health care, confirming arrangements, making physician or outpatient appointments, obtaining test results, and other patient related duties as designated. Keeps other members of the care team informed of barriers or challenges which might delay the patient's discharge and works collaboratively with the care team to resolve such challenges.
3. Documents all interventions in the patient medical record both timely and accurately including all elements of the discharge plan. Performs transfer of accurate, pertinent patient information between all appropriate entities of the acute and post-acute care continuum relative to the anticipated discharge/transfer of the patient.
4. Works collaboratively with team members; promotes collaborative relationships with vendors, community and referral resources.
5. May perform tasks such as securing community resources/information or other tasks.
6. Works under general supervision. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Internal customers: Post-acute services team members and all levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of assigned facility interdisciplinary health care team. External customers: home health agencies, nursing homes, insurance providers, group homes, assisted living facilities, hospice, long-term acute care hospitals, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, volunteer agencies, county/governmental agencies and medical supply companies and others as required.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
BLS is required for acute-care settings where direct patient care is provided.
The position requires a proficiency level typically achieved with one year of experience in healthcare as a Nursing Asst, Medical Asst, Health Unit Coordinator, Patient Care Tech, etc. Must demonstrate effective communication and customer service skills, human relation skills and time management skills with flexibility in responding to multiple demands. Must be able to work flexible hours and work after hours/weekends on rotation.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R7855
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.