The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today
Banner Home Medical Equipment is one of the top providers in Maricopa County, and have expanded to Pima County market in 2019. Services we provide are Respiratory, Sleep and Ventilation services, Photo Therapy, Negative Wound Pressure Therapy, Orthotic and Prosthetics, Durable Medical Equipment, Enteral Nutrition, Ostomy, and Wound Care Supplies. We service over 100,000 customers each year and anticipate additional growth in the coming year. We are accredited by The Compliance Team and have consistently achieved three year certifications for all lines of service. We are excited to announce the impending opening of a new PAP clinic for Banner Home Medical Equipment in Central Phoenix. Join a fast growing post-acute services agency in AZ!
As an HME Logistic Lead, you will be responsible for the day to day logistic functions to ensure delivery performance, customer satisfaction, and department objectives for efficiency, reliability, and productivity are met or exceeded. In addition, you will support delivery vehicle inspections, repairs and preventative maintenance. You will have an opportunity to train new staff and oversee the day to day workload of the team to ensure compliance and improve productivity results.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life
Ranked in the top 25 percent of all home care agencies in the United States, Banner Home Care is the largest nonprofit, free-standing home care agency in Arizona. We provide intermittent health care for patients of all ages in the comfort of their home. Our home care team is experienced, compassionate and professional, and the results prove that Banner Home Care measures better than the national and Arizona average in almost all Medicare Quality Compare patient satisfaction results. Banner Hospice have been providing comfort care for the past 10 years in the Phoenix Metro area. The goal is to support quality of life, honor the wishes of patients, maintain the dignity of the individual and support the family through their grieving process. Inpatient Home care is also available for respite care and symptom management. The Banner Hospice Team can provide comfort to the patient and family by alleviating symptoms, by providing meaningful help and by creating an environment to develop lasting final memories.
POSITION SUMMARY Leads and supports day-to-day logistic functions to ensure routing and delivery performance, customer satisfaction, and department objectives for efficiency, reliability, and productivity are met or exceeded. Leads logistic oversight of delivery technicians and routing dispatchers. Supports delivery vehicle inspections, repairs and preventative maintenance. Supports supervision and oversight of necessary equipment and supply inventory par levels in warehouse and vehicles.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Oversees the delivery staff assembly and departure and assures required time frames are maintained.
2. Confirms delivery vehicles are in proper working condition by use of daily vehicle inspections. Verifies accurate daily vehicle inspection, inventory and route logs provided by Delivery Technicians.
3. Completes annual competencies of all products to ensure knowledge of current standards. Actively participate in new hire orientation skill competencies, staff annual competencies and cross functional department equipment, product training and education.
4. Ensures Delivery Technicians load vehicles properly within required timeframe, and/or assist delivery technicians with the loading and unloading of vehicles when necessary. Assists delivery technicians with special orders and equipment and ensures vehicle minimum stock process is being followed.
5. Supports oversight of operation and maintenance of the oxygen cylinder transfill station including FDA, state and local regulations.
6. Loads, delivers, set up and provide operation instructions, education and troubleshooting material with patient/caregiver on use of home medical equipment and associated supplies, in accordance with company policy and regulatory requirements.
7. Clean and disinfect medical equipment. Inspects, tests and performs equipment preventive maintenance to ensure proper operating condition according to manufacturer's guidelines and Company Policy. Where applicable, may require certifications to repair specific HME equipment.
8. Participates in developmental tasks designed to build logistics leadership skills, may assist with routing operations, may be required to perform on call duties , and may perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
9. Works independently on-site with patients and family members. Prioritizes work to balance patient satisfaction and company resources. Internal customers include staff, physicians and patients. External customers include vendors, physician office staff and family members.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Must possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy. In some locations, CDL with appropriate Hazardous Materials certification may be required.
3 years of experience in hospital, home care, HME or other healthcare related setting. Must demonstrate excellent face-to-face customer service. Ability to meet the physical demands of the position. Ability to keep detailed records regarding equipment and medical records. Ability to communicate effectively. Able to prioritize and organize daily work according to patient needs.
Knowledge of spreadsheet and database software programs, and the ability to work effectively with common office software.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
DATE APPROVED 11/04/2018
Internal Number: R640
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.