Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. We've united under a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. It's a lofty goal, but it's one we're committed to seeing through. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Apply now.
As a Release of Information Technician you will be assisting with processing the release of information for Banner Medical Group clinics in both AZ and WR. this will include STAT patient request and continuation of care requests.
This can be a work from home opportunity after 1 yr of training atBanner Desert Medical Center in Mesa is completed. Being a part of the ROI team you will experience a great work culture , flexibility and the professional growth you have been looking for.
Hours M-Fri 8am-4:30pm.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides a wide variety of release of information functions for the Banner Health system (hospitals, clinics, urgent care facilities). Processes a high volume of requests for confidential patient information in accordance with HIPAA, Federal, state and regulatory guidelines.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Conducts routine high volume continuing care releases of health information in accordance with Banner Health policy and all state and federal laws.
2. Compiles department statistics, generates reports, and facilitates special projects as required including assisting in the development of targets and action plans to achieve department goals. All ROI staff must meet the minimum productivity standards.
3. Performs review of requests and logs into electronic health record tool for accounting of disclosure in accordance with Banner Health policy, all state and Federal laws.
4. Renames all incoming high volume faxes in accordance to established release of information naming standards.
5. Provide customer service and assistance related to RELEASE OF INFORMATION departmental functions to requesters, patients, vendors, providers, ancillary staff, and other departments.
6. Performs the document imaging function as required for scanning paper storage records in the specified turnaround time. Assures documents are of good quality and are legible to read.
7. Performs distribution of records to requester by faxing, emailing, CD, or paper in a specified turnaround time.
8. Perform a variety of other RELEASE OF INFORMATION functions including assistance with answering telephones, returning calls to requesters, and other duties as assigned by RELEASE OF INFORMATION leadership.
9. Works under regular supervision using defined processes. Conducts problem solving using a learned expertise in regulations and release of information guidelines. Has assigned responsibility within a department. Internal customers are physicians, office staff, vendors, nursing and ancillary staff. External customers are attorney, insurance payers, and patients. Pays close attention to detail when performing release of information functions.
Requires the knowledge of health information practices and principles as normally demonstrated through completion of one or more years of post-high school education in medical records and information systems OR high school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and one or more years of experience working with medical records and/or health information management provider office.
Requires the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats; requires ability to inspect, read, and analyze written material. Must be able to perform and work on multiple tasks in a high volume environment and organize and prioritize work. Requires good judgment, initiative and problem-solving abilities, along with effective teamwork skills.
Requires strong technical skills in the use of Windows software applications, specialized equipment and multiple databases. Must have strong organizational skills, good customer service and interpersonal skills. Is knowledgeable and proficient in accessing and utilizing all applicable EHR systems as well as multiple EHR applications utilized by the Release of Information department.
Current enrollment in the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) Program. A background in the use of medical terminology for the assigned area is preferred. Additional related education and/or release of information experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R21616
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.