Phlebotomist/Laboratory Assistant II 40 hrs Days Framingham every 3rd weekend and 2 major and 1 minor holiday $1500 SIGN-ON BONUS*
MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Location: Town of Framingham, Massachusetts
Internal Number: 2105038889
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaâ��s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Technical/Client Services Supervisor, obtains blood specimens from patients of all ages in inpatient, outpatient, home or service center locations. Delivers specimens to the laboratory and enters laboratory test and specimen information into the computer.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Technical: Greets patients and obtains specimens. Selects venipuncture equipment appropriate for test order, draws blood specimens. Monitors patient for negative reactions, and takes appropriate measures to allay patient anxiety. Enters test requests into computer system, generates labels, affixes correct label on specimen and prepares specimen for transport to the lab. Trains new employees. Conducts phlebotomy rounds to inpatient units that do not have unit phlebotomists. Checks requisitions for errors, does credits and add-ons when needed.
2. Communication: Answers incoming phone calls, directs calls and takes messages and verbal orders. Instructs patients in the collection of certain specimens and of any dietary restrictions. Clarifies orders with physicians and nursing staff. Schedules appointments for timed tests and special procedures. Obtains written confirmation of any verbal orders or missing orders. Calls Drs office and patients back when test is missed or lab error.
3. QC/QI: Identifies patient and labels specimens according to laboratory policies. Adheres to asceptic techniques. Performs tests on control samples for iontophoresis. Reports for trending all issues or incidents related to the department. Adheres to safety regulations and attends safety seminars.
4. Documentation: Documents results of any special procedures performed. Records each patient drawn on Phlebotomy Log. Records any patient concerns for QI trending. Maintains statistics of test volumes and patient waiting times.
5. Special Duties: Performs special procedures such as special vein care, iontophoreses (sweat tests), breath hydrogen, pertussis, throat cultures, glucose tolerance tests, and nasal washes. Tests new equipment as needed. Performs phlebotomy in patient's homes, nursing homes, and off-site collection stations as needed. Resolves problems in absense of supervisor. Checks requisitions for errors.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through a high school diploma and phlebotomy training course.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.